Tuesday 12 January 2016

January 6th: Arrival


I've been in Singapore now for almost a week and wow, it feels like I've already done so much in this little amount of time. I've unfortunately already "fallen behind" on keeping a blog but I'm going to try to post at least a few pictures of my adventures here twice a month. These first few photos are from the first day I was in Singapore. I arrived in the middle of the night and so I stayed at the hotel attached to the airport, it was by far the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. After arriving at school and unpacking I explored campus a bit. One of my favorite things about Singapore right now is the amazing architecture. Walking around campus it was so neat to see the traditional Chinese heritage center on one street and just a few blocks down the road to see the Hive (build to look like a bee's hive). 


My first glimpse of Singapore: seen through my
hotel window. That was the moment I knew I was
in Paradise.


My first meal in Singapore: the typical Singaporean breakfast!
2 Soft boiled eggs, toast with Kaya (a coconut, egg spread
which I am now obsessed with) and Kopi (coffee with
sweetened, condensed milk). 


A few photos from around NTU (Nanyang Technological University)


A very popular hangout spot for exchange students! 


The Art and Design building is incredible.
I'll post another picture of it but this is the
neat statue of a dandelion they have in
front of it that lights up at night!

The Hive with 8 floors (5 of which are "basement" levels, if you
ever think European floors are confusing try Singaporean buildings
where there are sometimes 5 above ground basements and level 1 is actually
the 5th floor). 
The neat Chinese Heritage center right down the
street from my dorm! 

Home sweet home for the next 4 months! The weirdest
thing I've found about the dorms is that right outside my door
is the outside, there is no indoor hallway or anything... and the fact
that instead of spiders they have little lizards everywhere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment